Some important tips on how to cook brown basmati rice.
Basmati rice tastes better when partnered with an Indian dish too like Masala Lamb Meatballs!
1. Look for the best quality Pakistani or Indian basmati. Discover ones that are locally accessible and moderate.
2. Rinse the rice thoroughly for a few minutes; this helps to remove the stickiness of the starch.
3. You can try adding salt in the cooking pot before pouring some water, as this allows the rice grains to absorb the salt well. Never add salt to cooked rice; it will make it taste extremely salty.
4. An aluminum foil or a tight-fitting lid is an ideal way of creating a strong seal. This will stop the steam from escaping. If you cover the pot with a tight seal, it produces long soft grains.
5. You can add a few drops of plain vinegar, which separates the grains well.